Strengthen precast production capabilities and improve supply chain resiliency in the construction
Hong Leong Asia Ltd (HLA) and Sunway Construction Group Berhad (SunCon) on July 21st 2023 officially opened HL-Sunway Prefab Hub, the largest integrated construction and prefabrication hub (ICPH) in Singapore.
The HL-Sunway Prefab Hub was launched today by Mr Desmond Lee, Minister for National Development and Minister-in-charge of Social Services Integration, and it can produce up to 100,000 cubic m of precast components per year.
Built on reclaimed land, the 3.8-hectare precast manufacturing facility is installed with state-of-the-art technology to produce a wide range of building components including Prefabricated Prefinished Volumetric Construction (“PPVC”) components, Precast Bathroom Units (PBU), Precast Household Shelters (HHS) as well as Large Panel Slabs under one roof. The production of precast components locally in Singapore will further improve the precast supply chain resiliency of the built environment sector.
Singapore 3D Precast Production rides on Italian Technology for efficient and flexible vertical concrete distribution
From the Desert to the Arctic, going through Tropical & Humid, numerous multi-milion-euro reference projects are a testament to MCT Italy’s skill in successfully mastering the climate and infrastructure challenges of world-class megaprojects. The multi-storey advanced manufacturing facilities, named Integrated Construction and Prefabrication Hubs in Singapore, with a high degree of mechanization and/or automation is an excellent example of this expertise in action.
The tower steel frame goes up; pipes and cables are wired; and assembly teams spring into action. This industrial plant is real masterpiece of precision engineering:
- 1.000 m3 of aggregates storage
- 8 different bins for structural and architectural aggregates
- over 120 ton of hot galvanized steel structure
- 2 cranes of 450 ton and 250 ton
- 2 x 3750/2500 m3 mixer with a Max concrete output up to 120 m3/h
- 6 high speed flying buckets running on no. 3 different levels
As soon as we complete the construction and assembly work, our commissioning engineers’ step in to ensure that a fully functioning plant is handed over to our customers.
HLSUNCON JV Pte Ltd was granted the contract due to their winning proposal to modernize Precast Concrete production and make it more efficient and less labour intensive from Building and Construction Authority (#BCA).
- Improved productivity: Prefabricating components off-site results in manpower and time savings at the project level.
- Improved quality control: ICPHs are able to deliver high quality prefabricated components as production is carried out in a controlled factory environment.
- Minimise dis-amenities on site: Noise and dust generated on-site is significantly reduced as most of the construction work is brought off-site.
- Safer work environment and higher-skilled jobs: ICPHs automate most of the labor-intensive construction work in a controlled factory environment. This creates a safer work environment, and allows workers to take on higher value-added jobs. Skills in construction, manufacturing, logistics and information and communications technology will be sought after.
- Multiple uses for ICPHs: These hubs can also be used for related construction activities such as storage of formwork, construction equipment etc.