MCT Italy supports Melbourne Metro Tunnel: one of the largest public transport projects undertaken in Australia
The Cross Yarra Partnership (CYP) joint venture, comprising Lendlease Engineering, John Holland and Bouygues Construction, has been selected by local authorities to perform the entire project.
The CYP engaged Boral to supply the concrete to manufacture the 56,000 tunnel lining segments, which will be arranged into around 9,300 rings forming the walls of the Metro Tunnel, the biggest public transport project ever built in Victoria.
A huge, state-of-the-art concrete plant is helping build the Metro Tunnel and creating jobs in Melbourne’s west.
MCT Italy, in a true partnership with the customer, delivered a special concrete batch plant, specifically designed to produce the concrete for the tunnel segments.
- 1 Automatic aggregates loading system
- 5 Aggregates Bins – 150 m3 (200 yd3) storage
- 2 Planetary Mixers 3000/2000 (2,6 yd3)
- 3 Cement Silos – 80 Ton capacity each
- 1 Automatic Polypropylene Fiber Dosing System
- 1 Automatic Steel Fiber Dosing System
- Integrated Moisture & Plasticity Control System
- 1 High Speed Flying Bucket
- 1 Concrete Distributor